Ask Matt & Tamsen
Top Ten Things a Man Would Rather be Doing on Valentine's Day than Celebrating
10. Filing Taxes - The lesser of two evils when it comes to procrastination: buy a gift or do my taxes? I'm in the dog house if I don't get a gift, but I can go to jail if I don’t get my taxes done. And I’m too pretty for prison.
9. Watching Football - Yes, we’d rather be watching football on any day but on February 14th we’re still in mourning, with the season just ending. Allow us to pay our respects watching ESPN Classic all day.
8. Getting a Colonoscopy - Fun? No. But at least I can sleep through it.
7. Buying Groceries - OK, I hate grocery shopping but at least I come home with something I picked myself that I can enjoy, instead of a stuffed bear with a squeeze-me paw.
6. Getting a Root Canal - Extreme? Yes. But they give you all kinds of meds to forget the experience, and you take more home with you. Plus that nagging toothache is finally gone.
5. Organizing the Sock Drawer - It never mattered before but now it totally seems worth doing!
4. Meeting the Neighbors - I was OK in my private domain with everyone minding their own business, but maybe they have hi-def. And beer.
3. Going to the DMV - At least I can talk about cars, even if it's just my own. With a clerk. After standing in line for 2-3 hours. But we won't be talking about our relationship!
2. Sleeping – I don’t mean sleeping with someone else, I mean skipping the whole red-card, candy-filled day.
1. Dinner and a Movie - And by dinner I mean ordering pizza, and by a movie I mean anything with explosions and comedy, and without romance or...romance.