Thursday, May 23, 2013

A Celebration: Kind of a Big Deal - The Life and Legacy of Dennis Lane


I'm sharing this announcement I received from my friend and fellow blogger JessieX, via HoCoBlogs.  I also saw the post on my friend Tom's blog.  I'm just so excited a big event is being planned to honor my friend and fellow writer Dennis.

The memorial service for Dennis Lane, a fellow blogger at Tales of Two Cities and citizen extraordinaire, will be held June 4th at Merriweather Post Pavilion.

A social starts at 2 p.m. and the program will start at 3 p.m.

If this calls to you, consider a contribution to the Dennis Lane Memorial Fund. Checks should be written to the "Community Foundation of Howard County" with "Dennis Lane Memorial Fund" in the memo section of the check. You can also donate online to the Community Foundation of Howard County.

RIP, Dennis! God bless! Jessie

#WearRed
#DennisLane

Also, a book club is being formed: Word Bones Memorial Book Club. A great way to stay active with the community and force myself to read something! I've already ordered the paperback on Amazon. I'm going old school for this one.

Hope to see many of you on June 4th. Not to say that I'm not hoping to see any one in particular, I just know not everyone can be there. :-) I just rocked a triple negative.

Cheers!
Mike

No comments: