Tuesday, November 02, 2010

Well Now I've Done It...

I put myself out there on the Baltimore Sun's Mobbies Awards. A contest for local bloggers and tweeters, it's a really great way to gain exposure, invite new readers and connect with some local people. I've asked family and friends to vote for this blog and for my personal Twitter account (@GCGeek), but I'm honestly not concerned about winning.

I can't even say "Just being nominated is an honor," because I nominated myself. Let's say I honored myself.

What's crazy is I've also signed up for NaNoWriMo (writing a novel in 30 days along with people across the globe - read my recent post on this fabulous event). I started yesterday, and it will take most of my attention when I'm not working the day job, which is not slowing down anytime soon.

But I should really give my blog some much needed attention, especially if folks are going to pop by and check it out. If you're a new reader, thank you for stopping in! If you're one of my regular readers, then you're a true friend and you deserve the same courtesy of some fresh content here.

All I can say is I'll do my best this month! This blog is listed under humor, which adds the extra pressure of "be funny!", which is always my goal, but everyone knows you can't force it. If you don't prefer my sense of humor or writing style, no hard feelings. I'm not in this for an ego trip. I like to write, and laugh, and think, and share, and hopefully make you laugh. And think. And share.

Hey, here's to a fun month of writing!

Cheers!
~Mike


1 comment:

One Wink at a Time said...

Good luck with your writing, Mike. Do what you gotta do, we'll be here when you get the time. Hope you'll share the finished project with us : )